Last Modified: January 10, 2022
This Policy describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing your information through https://www.learn.prorankllc.com (our “Website”), our ProRank mobile application (our “App”) and related applications and platforms (collectively with the Website and App, the “Service” or “Services”).
A core element of our mission is our commitment to protect your personal information and to be transparent about the data we collect about you, how it is used, and with whom it is shared. We seek to be transparent about the collection and use of all data collected and that our primary purpose for gathering this data is to help educate, connect, and improve the business acumen and cultural awareness of our end users.
The Service is general audience and intended for users 18 and older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone younger than age 18.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from you and about users of our Services, such as basic contact information when you sign up for an account. Other types of information we collect is information related to how you use our platform, which helps us improve our Services.
Information You Provide to Us or Received by Us on Your Behalf
The categories of information we collect are:
- Personal Information: In the course of registering an account on our Website, filling out a contact form, and using our Services, we may require or otherwise collect information that identifies you as a specific individual and can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Examples of Personal Information we collect for these purposes include your:
- first and last name
- email address
- physical address
- geographic location
- phone number
- video recording
- Professional Information: In the course of using our Services, we may ask for your company/business affiliation, resume, educational history, industry title, employment history, professional credentials, professional certifications, location, and other information related to your professional background.
- Organizational Information: For agencies, corporations and other organizations that register on the Service, we collect information relating your organization (“Organizational Information”). Examples of Organizational Information we collect for these purposes include organization name and contact details.
- Non-Identifying Information: We also may collect non-identifying or non-personal information, such as zip codes, demographic data, age, gender, time zone, publicly available data, and general information regarding your use of the Service (“Non-Identifying Information”).
- Payment Information: We may also collect your payment information, such as credit card, billing address, and other financial information necessary to purchase a subscription or otherwise use our Services. We do not retain Payment Information. Rather, Payment Information is processed via third-party platforms such as Stripe.
- Course Information: We collect your answers to quizzes or assessments that you submit through the Services.
- User Contributions: You may have the ability to interact with parts of our Service, such as the ability to submit comments, post available positions, upload attachments, upload videos, or provide public ratings or testimonials. Your feedback may be published or displayed on public areas of the Service or transmitted to other users of the Service or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Service with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed or accessed by unauthorized persons. Use precaution when posting any personal information online. Please review our Terms of Service for more information about our user guidelines.
When you provide us with information in connection with a particular activity or otherwise sign up for or order our products and Services or provide your contact information to us, including your email address or telephone number in connection with that activity, product or service, you agree that such action constitutes a purchase or inquiry establishing a business relationship with us. You expressly consent to receiving communications from ProRank through the information you provided to us. For more information on how to access and control your communication preferences, please see YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION, below.
Information Collected Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, We and our third-party service providers, including analytics and third-party content providers, may automatically collect certain information from you whenever you access or interact with the Service.
- Usage Information. Details of your visits to our Website, including which links you clicked on, content response times, logs, and other similar communication data and statistics about your interactions.
- Device Information. Information about your computer and internet connection, including your Internet Protocol address, operating system, and browser type.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to deliver features of our Services to you, improve services we offer you, analytics, and site functionality.
Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Web Beacons: We and our operational partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as “web beacons” and/or “tracking tags” to help us keep track of what content on our Service is effective and to serve relevant advertising to you. Web beacons are small graphics with a unique identifier that may be invisible to you, and which are used to track the online activity of Internet users. Web beacons are embedded in the web pages you review or email messages you receive. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to our Service, to monitor how ProRank Users navigate the Service, to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened, or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts: We and our operational partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as an Embedded Script. An Embedded Script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or other device and is deactivated or deleted when you disconnect from the Service.
Information Received from Third Parties We also may receive information about you from third parties. For example, we and our partners, affiliates and service providers may use a variety of other technologies (such as tags) that collect statistical data relating to your Website activity for security and fraud detection purposes. Third-Party Services When you connect with us through a third-party platform we may, depending on your privacy settings, receive some information from your third-party account, and what we collect depends on your privacy settings with that service. You may register to join the Service directly via the Service or by logging into your account with a third-party service (“TPS”) via our Service (e.g., LinkedIn, Google, and other third-party services that let you sign in using your existing credentials with those services). If you choose to register via a TPS, or to later link your account with the Service to your account with an TPS, we will use the Personal Information you have provided to the TPS (such as your name, email address, and other information you make available via the TPS) to create your account. Note that the information we collect from and through a TPS may depend on the privacy settings you have set with the TPS and the permissions you grant to us in connection with linking your account with the Service to your account with an TPS. Other than what we may share with the TPS as described below, the Personal Information a TPS has about you is obtained by the TPS independent of our Service, and ProRank is not responsible for it.
Do Not Track Signal
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you with an Account.
- To deliver, provide, and process payment for a product or Service you have requested.
- To connect you with other members on ProRank.
- To improve our Services.
- To address your inquiries.
- To tailor content we display to you and offer we may present to you, both on the Service and elsewhere online.
- To administer and develop our business relationship with you and, if applicable, the corporation or other legal entity you represent.
- To communicate and promote to you products, services, offers, and events offered by ProRank.
- To comply with legal requirements and assist law enforcement.
- To investigate fraud and to enforce our Terms of Service.
- To protect the property rights of ProRank or a third party.
- To protect the safety of the public or any person.
- To stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or a legally actionable activity.
- To identify ProRank users.
- For the purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information, and
- As otherwise permitted with your consent.
HOW WE DISCLOSE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- With other users on ProRank
- We disclose your personal information, including your profile and activity on the Services, to other members of ProRank. For example, if you are posting an available position for your organization, your contact information is visible to applicants. Similarly, applicants’ profiles are shared with organizations and other members of ProRank.
- With our service providers and network partners:
- We employ third party companies and individuals to provide Services on our behalf, to perform Service-related operations (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, payment processing, fraud detection and improvement of ProRank’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information in order to perform these tasks on our behalf.
- All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to ProRank, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- For corporate transactions
- ProRank may share information, including Personal Information, with any current or future subsidiaries or affiliates, primarily for business and operational purposes. We may sell, transfer, or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets (including, in each case, as part of the due-diligence process with any potential acquiring entity) or in the event of bankruptcy.
- When required by law
- ProRank will share information with government agencies as required by law in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements and, including without limitation, in connection with reporting earnings. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), or, at the request of governmental authorities or other third parties conducting an investigation where we determine in our sole discretion the disclosure is necessary to (a) protect the property and rights of ProRank or a third party, (b) protect the safety of the public or any person, or (c) prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity. We may also use Device Identifiers to identify ProRank Users, and may do so in cooperation with third parties at our discretion.
- With your Consent
- You may submit Personal Information to us through a form on the Website and consent to receive communication from us or our business affiliates and non-affiliates based on the information in the form.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have several ways to exercise control over your information:
- Account Settings:
- Registered ProRank users may access, update or delete their personal information by accessing the applicable feature in their Account/profile settings.
- Registered ProRank users may also update their choices regarding the types of communications they receive from us through the online Account/profile settings.
- E-Mail: You also may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of the Service (for example, administrative and service announcements) via email and other means and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications.
- Contact Us: You may contact us to access, update or delete your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides you with additional privacy rights with respect to our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information, including:
- The right to know what Personal information we have collected and how we have used and disclosed that Personal Information in the 12-month period preceding your request;
- Please see the above section within this Policy titled INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT, to see the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Please see the above sections within this Policy titled HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION and HOW WE DISCLOSE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION, to see applicable use and disclosures of your Personal Information.
- The right to request deletion of your Personal Information, and;
- Please see the above section within this Policy titled YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
- The right to be free from discrimination related to the exercise of any of your privacy rights.
- We do not discriminate against California residents who exercise their privacy rights.
- The right to opt out of the sale of your personal information, and to request information about whether we have sold your personal information in the past 12 months.
- We do not sell Personal Information to third parties.
Our Services are hosted and offered in the United States of America (US), and are subject to US federal, state, and local law. If you are accessing the Services from another country, please be advised that you may be transferring your personal information to us in the US, and you consent to that transfer, processing and storage of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. You also agree to abide by the applicable laws of applicable US federal, state, and local laws concerning your use of the Services and your agreements with us. Any persons accessing our Services from any jurisdiction with laws or regulations governing the use of the Internet, including the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, different from those of the jurisdictions mentioned above may only use the Services in a manner lawful in their jurisdiction. If your use of the Services would be unlawful in your jurisdiction, you may not use our Services.
We use physical, technical and organizational measures designed to protect your information against unauthorized access, theft and loss. We restrict access to your personal information to those employees who need to know that information to service your account or perform their job functions. Although we take precautions intended to help protect information that we process, no system or electronic data transmission is completely secure. Any transmission of your personal data is at your own risk and we expect that you will use appropriate security measures to protect your personal information. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and the information in your account. We may suspend your use of all or part of the Services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. You understand and agree that we may deliver electronic notifications about breaches of security to the email address on record on your account.
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Website);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them)
- Whether retention is advisable; and considering our legal position (such as, for statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
HOW TO CONTACT PRORANK